L.A. City Maintenance

When I came back to my son's place at around 6:00PM, there was a compressor type machine and hose at the man hole in front of the house next door. It was very noisy.

Hours went by and it continued.

The noise has since increased so I went to investigate. A huge truck!

A quick search and I discovered what the truck does.

This country girl has never been witness to such a truck!

A lot has changed in city maintenance. I have not had the privilege of experiencing such sucking and flushing!

There is a first for everything I suppose.

I feel really bad for the people next door. I learned today that someone there has cancer.

I wonder if the city notifies homeowners and residents when such maintenance takes place. Perhaps they tell owners. We were not told, although my son is a renter. Perhaps it was an emergency. If scheduled, it would be nice to get a post card alerting the people in the area when such work and noise will take place. If an emergency, they had the early evening to knock on the doors of the houses in the direct vicinity to explain what and how long this sucking and flushing would take.

Here is a business that does sewer maintenance and schooled me up.

http://www.vac-con.com/sewer_cleaning.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Excited

Heading West

A New Beginning