Heading West

 Finally I was able to leave.

    The 8 weeks of what I thought of at the time as "the moving and  storage fiasco," were actually a blessing in disguise. I was angry and disappointed that no one helped me pack and move my things to storage, after all I weigh only 104 pounds, yet when all was said and done, I grew  huge muscles.  I grew confidence on top of the confidence I already had. I grew independence on top of the independence I already had. All to prepare me for my future.

 I piled more than I needed in the Tardis and made a mad 3 hour dash south, from New England to my sister's for a few days of rest. We spread our other sister's ashes in our home town and all I could think of was....

Colorado. Tall mountains. Hot springs. Healing. Rest.

   The Tardis flew through the midwest with only one stop by the handsom cop in Greenwich Ohio. He was nosey to find out what Conestoga type vehicle was driving through his town late at night. He asked if I was alright and said if I needed rest, I could park at the station. He said that my eyes looked emotional. Had I been crying?

Did he have about 2 hours for me to answer that question?  Off I went and drove till 3:AM and napped until dawn in a Circle K parking lot.  I was awakened by a tap on the window by a woman asking if I was alright. Over her shoulder I saw a police car. I told her I was just resting until the sun came up. It was nice that they were concerned as there are many people overdosing in their cars these days.

Off I went again. Colorado. West. tic tock tic tock tic tic tic ... Should I stop in Chicago? No. On to Davenport. When I cross the Mississippi River I will feel free...I was a little but not enough. On to Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Omaha...Soon...tic tock tic...

Colorado. Rocky mountain high it is. I have not felt this free and high on only water and air in a long time. A long long time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Excited

A New Beginning